Finance Coordinator and Grant Administrator
Our ideal Finance Coordinator and Grant Administrator is someone with experience supporting nonprofit grants administration and finance function. The ability to track budgetary compliance and spending of restricted grants is essential. You will handle and resolve inquiries regarding billing problems and disputes and keep spreadsheet for reconciliation purposes. You’ll also help analyze our financial information so that we can use it more effectively in making decisions. This position reports to our Programs and Operations Directors.
This role requires familiarity with audits, accounts payable and receivable, accrual accounting, budgets; an ability to prioritize multiple projects; adherence to timelines and confidentiality requirements; and a commitment to operating in a team environment.
- Receive and enter all payables and expenses, ensuring accurate coding and timely payments
- Coordinate with relevant staff to ensure high quality internal coordination of financial processes
- Review credit card reconciliations for coding accuracy and ensure backup documentation is sufficient, per organizational policies
- Assist Programs and Operations Directors in forecasting expenses and revenues based on program budgets and work plans
- Prepare monthly budget-vs.-actual status reports for use by Directors and staff; prepare board financial reports; prepare ad hoc reports as requested
- Work closely with Programs and Operations Directors in preparing annual organizations budgets
- Maintain confidentiality of information
Grants and Contracts
- Monitor finance-specific grant requirements and ensure compliance
- Coordinate the budgeting process and detail for grant proposals
- Analyzes and evaluates contract and grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials, and equipment
- Prepare and reconcile required financial reports for all assigned grants before the required due dates
- Experience in accounting support and/or grant administration
- Knowledge of nonprofit audits and tax filings
- Energetic, collaborative, flexible, and proactive
- Knowledge and ability to proactively anticipate, identify, and define problems; seek root causes; and develop timely and practical solutions
- Experienced in utilizing financial, reporting, and fundraising software for both extracting and analyzing data on a regular basis
- Prior use of QuickBooks and CRM software
This position is a part-time, hourly job – approximately 20 hours/week. Wage is $25/hour.
Benefits include vacation, vision and dental insurance, assistance with cell phone fees, and flexible hours.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of the materials and further guidance and updates about the hiring process by email. No phone inquiries, please.
About Valley Stewardship Network
Valley Stewardship Network plays a leading role in protecting our area’s land, water, and wildlife through our water quality research, managed grazing programing, watershed council development, native plantings programs, community outreach, and other programs.
Funding for our programs comes from several government grants, private grants, and memberships/donations.